About Evolution Insurance Solutions Limited
Evolution Insurance Solutions Limited (‘EISL’) gathers and processes your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law.
This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when EISL collects and processes your personal data.
If you are providing information to EISL on behalf of your business and the information includes personal data, please ensure that all relevant persons have access to this Privacy Notice.
Evolution Insurance Solutions Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (Registered number: 06092127) with a registered office at 53a High Street, Saffron Walden, CB10 1AA. Evolution Insurance Solutions Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller and is listed on the Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z1153308.
Information That Is Collected
EISL processes personal data to meet its legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with EISL’s products and services. EISL will not collect any unnecessary personal data from you and will not process your data in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that EISL may collect is:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- IP address
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Income, earnings and wealth details
- Photographs or video (your image)
EISL collects personal data from proposal forms, claim forms and other information provided by policyholders, prospective policyholders and claimants (and their respective representatives, such as insurance brokers or solicitors). IP address information on website users is collected by HTTP cookies (‘cookies’).
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
If you are a policyholder, prospective policyholder or claimant, EISL collects your personal data because the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of an insurance contract or because you (or your representative or employer) have asked EISL to take specific steps before entering into an insurance contract (such as asking EISL to provide an insurance quotation).
If you are a business partner, EISL website user, or if your relationship to EISL does not concern an insurance contract, EISL collects your personal data because it has legitimate interests for doing so.
EISL also collects and stores personal data as part of its legal obligations for anti-money laundering, fraud prevention, sanction checking, business accounting and tax purposes.
EISL only retains your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice.
EISL does not use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making.
Rights of Data Subjects
You have the right to access the data held by EISL and to request information about:
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long EISL intends to store the personal data for
- Information about the source of the personal data (if EISL did not collect the data directly from you)
If you believe that EISL holds any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask EISL to correct and/or complete the information. EISL will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from EISL and to be informed about any automated decision-making that EISL uses.
To access your personal data or to request the information stated in this section, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Evolution Insurance Solutions Limited 53A High Street
If EISL receives a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, you may be asked to verify your identity before the relevant request is acted upon; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Personal Data
EISL may share your personal data with third parties, including:
- Group and associated companies
- EISL is part of the Evolution group of companies and the group parent company is Evolution Holdings (Guernsey) Limited. EISL may share your personal data with group companies and associated companies (companies with the same owners), but only for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. EISL remains responsible for the management and security of jointly used personal data. Access to personal data within EISL, and the Evolution group of companies, is restricted to those individuals who have a need to access the information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
- Insurance and distribution parties
- EISL may share personal data with insurers, reinsurers, brokers and other intermediaries, appointed representatives, distributors, loss adjusters, claims administrators and other business partners.
- Service providers and suppliers
- EISL may share personal data with third party service providers and suppliers, including; accountants, auditors, lawyers, actuaries, banks, consultants, management companies, IT systems companies, data hosting companies and data testing companies.
- Regulators and other public bodies
- EISL may share personal data with financial services regulators, national compensation schemes, ombudsmen, national statistics organisations, industry bodies, claims registers, fraud detection agencies, credit reference agencies and due diligence agencies.
EISL will disclose personal data only in accordance with this Privacy Notice or when required by law. All data processors acting on behalf of EISL only process your data in accordance with instructions from EISL and comply fully with this Privacy Notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
From time to time, EISL may sell a business or a part of a business to another company. EISL may share personal data with purchasers and prospective purchasers or other parties in any actual or proposed, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other transaction relating to all or any portion of the business, assets or stock.
EISL takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. EISL works hard to protect personal data from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including SSL, network encryptions, pseudonymisation and IT access restrictions.
Consequences of Not Providing Personal Data
If you are a policyholder or claimant, the provision of your personal data is a requirement necessary to enter into a contract of insurance or for the performance of a contract of insurance.
Failure to provide personal data in relation to an insurance policy when requested may result in breach of contract and may invalidate the policy or may cause EISL to reject a claim made under the policy.
Prospective policyholders are not obliged to provide personal data prior to entering into a contract, however EISL will not be able to offer its products or services without it.
How Long We Keep Personal Data
EISL only ever retains personal data for as long as is necessary and has strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
The nature of the insurance products provided by EISL may necessitate the retention of personal data for the duration of the coverage period under the relevant insurance policy (until it is no longer possible to make a claim under the policy).
Notwithstanding the above, in certain circumstances EISL may be required to retain personal data for a period of 6 years in accordance with tax law.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Where sensitive personal data is required, EISL will only request the information required for the specified purpose and will always ask for your explicit consent through a signature. You can modify or remove consent at any time, which EISL will act on immediately, unless there is a legitimate interest or legal reason for not doing so.
Lodging A Complaint
EISL will only process personal data in compliance with this Privacy Notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however, you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or you are unsatisfied with how EISL has handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 Email: email@example.com